Coronavirus in the U.S. – Latest Video Updates
As we continue our coverage and education on COVID-19, here’s a look at our most recent video updates and the latest research on the coronavirus epidemic.
Testing problems, mutations, COVID-19 in Washington & Iran
In our 29th video update, Dr. Seheult talks about testing hurdles in the United States and revisits ideas to keep in mind if considering visiting the hospital — to limit spread to health professionals and other patients. With hotspots of COVID-19 cases occurring in Washington, Dr. Seheult discusses this article, as well as the details of pathogen evolution and SARS-CoV-2 mutation, explained visually by Next Strain.
Lastly, Dr. Seheult addresses healthcare providers about communicating with patients about best practices to care for themselves and not overburdening the health care system. For hospitals, preparation involves creating negative pressure rooms and dedicated coronavirus areas within the hospital.
More Global COVID-19 Outbreaks, Vitamin D May Aid Prevention
In video update 30, Dr. Seheult brings up potential prevention strategies for COVID-19. Importantly, there are no randomized controlled trials for COVID-19 treatments or prevention, but there are a few known ways to boost our immune systems, which may help ward off viruses like the new coronavirus. As such, Dr. Seheult discusses vitamin D and various studies of its effects on the immune system.
Mortality Rate, Cleaning Products, A More/Less Severe Virus Strain?
In our 31st video update, Dr. Seheult revisits the mortality rate of COVID-19, and talks about a list of registered antimicrobial products from the EPA to clean and disinfect surfaces colonized by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
In addition, he looks at the emergence of two types of SARS-CoV-2: the original S form and the mutated L form, which is more severe. The research published in the National Science Review about fthese two SARS-CoV-2 types, investigates the concentrations of each in Wuhan and around the world. Further comprehensive studies that combine genomic and epidemiological data and chart records are needed to better understand the COVID-19 epidemic.
Important Data from South Korea, Can Zinc Help Prevent COVID-19?
In our 32nd coronavirus epidemic video, Dr. Seheult gives the latest updates, focusing on South Korea and their test methods and why this likely gives them the most accurate representation of a mortality rate.
The bulk of this video, however, focuses on the pathophysiology and molecular biology of how coronaviruses infect human cells. Dr. Seheult illustrates step-by-step the pathway and replication of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a COVID-19 infection.
More information on COVID-19 to come!
Please continue following along at Medcram.com and on our YouTube channel for more updates on COVID-19. Here’s an overview of all the information we’ve shared so far:
- Coronavirus Outbreak, Transmission, and Pathophysiology
- Coronavirus Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Coronavirus Update 3: Spread, Quarantine, Projections, and Vaccine
- How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 5: Mortality Rate vs SARS / Influenza
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 6: Asymptomatic Transmission & Incubation Period
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 7: Global Health Emergency Declared, Viral Shedding
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 8: Travel Ban, Spread Outside of China, Quarantine, & MRSA
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread from Wuhan, Prevention (nocv 2019)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 11: Antiviral Drugs, Treatment Trials for nCoV (Remdesivir, Chloroquine)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, ACE2 & nCoV
- Garage Talk Podcast — Dr. Roger Seheult and the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 13: Li Wenliang, nCoV vs Influenza, Dip in Daily Cases, Spread to Canada
- Forbes Article – Medical Experts Employ Social Media To Battle Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 14: Hospital spread of infection, WHO allowed in China, N-95 masks
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 15: Underreporting, Prevention, 24 Day Incubation? (COVID19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 16: Strengthening Your Immune Response to Viral Infections (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases, Fighting Infections with Sleep (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 18: Cellphone Tracking, Increase in Hospitalizations, More Sleep Tips
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 19: Treatment and Medication Clinical Trials
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 20: Misinformation Spread, Infection Severity, Cruise Ship, Origins
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 21: Antibodies, Case Fatality, Clinical Recommendations, 2nd Infections?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 22: Spread Without Symptoms, Cruise Quarantine, Asymptomatic Testing
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 23: Infections in Kids & Pregnancy, South Korea, Spillover From Bats
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 24: Infections in Italy, Transmissibility, COVID-19 Symptoms
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 25: Vaccine Developments, Italy’s Response, and Mortality Rate Trends
- How Viruses Work – Molecular Biology Simplified (DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 26: Treatment Updates, Stock Markets, Germany & San Francisco, Pandemic?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 27: Testing accuracy for COVID-19 (CT Scan vs. RT-PCR), California Cases
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 28: Practical Prevention Strategies, Patient Age vs. Case Fatality Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 29: Testing problems, mutations, COVID-19 in Washington & Iran
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 30: More Global COVID-19 Outbreaks, Vitamin D May Aid Prevention
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 31: Mortality Rate, Cleaning Products, A More/Less Severe Virus Strain?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 32: Important Data from South Korea, Can Zinc Help Prevent COVID-19?