COVID-19 Pandemic Updates – Videos 45-49
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Seheult and the MedCram team have released four new videos to keep you informed and as prepared as possible. We send our best wishes to fellow healthcare workers and everyone working on the frontlines to keep our communities safe. Follow along on our Coronavirus Pandemic Course page and YouTube channel for the latest updates and to catch up on all of the information we’ve shared so far.
Can Hot/Cold Therapy Boost Immunity? More on Hydroxychloroquine
In our 46th coronavirus pandemic video update, Dr. Seheult revisits prevention strategies and the role of our innate immune systems, monocytes, and natural killer cells in warding off a severe COVID-19 infection. Based on what we know about the potential benefits of a viral fever, he addresses speculation that inducing an elevated core temperature may provide a benefit.
Dr. Seheult also looks at this study, which tested the combination of heat and cold exposure, as well as studies on saunas and other hydrothermal treatments showing the potential efficacy of fever and preventing cytokine storm. Dr. Seheult does a comparison of COVID-19’s impact on several Nordic countries, hypothesizing the benefit of regular sauna use in Finland (where 99% of the population uses a sauna regularly).
At the end of the video, Dr. Seheult discusses this brief update on the potential efficacy of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in treating COVID-19 patients.
Searching for Immunity Boosters & Possible Lessons From Spanish Flu
Building off of the thermoregulation research presented in video 46, our 47th COVID-19 update offers practical strategies for hot/cold therapy without a sauna, as well as the history and use of hydrotherapy prior to the paradigm shift toward randomized, placebo-controlled trials.
In addition to important objectives such as increasing the number of ventilators, hospital staffing, supplies of PPE, and the capacity of hospitals, it is important to examine the critical time window between COVID-19 symptom onset and possible hospitalization. Any immune system boosting strategies may carry significant weight during this time.
Curve Flattening in California, PPE in the ICU, Medication Trials
In our 48th coronavirus video update, Dr. Seheult demonstrates his PPE requirements (donning and doffing technique) while working with COVID-19 patients in the ICU, as well as some positive effects of social distancing measures thus far. He also mentions a current University of Minnesota study on hydroxychloroquine, which is seeking participants from the United States and Canada. Please check out this website for participation criteria and consider taking part if you qualify.
New Data on COVID-19 vs Other Viral Infections (Ventilator Outcomes)
Our 49th coronavirus pandemic update focuses on ventilators — their use, effectiveness, and outcomes for patients with COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. Moreover, Dr. Seheult again highlights the period after incubation and before hospitalization, calling it the “golden period,” during which COVID-19 patients have the greatest opportunity for strengthening their innate immune systems to help prevent pneumonia… and the potential need for hospitalization and ventilators.
Stay Tuned for More COVID-19 Pandemic Updates
- Coronavirus Outbreak, Transmission, and Pathophysiology
- Coronavirus Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Coronavirus Update 3: Spread, Quarantine, Projections, and Vaccine
- How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 5: Mortality Rate vs SARS / Influenza
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 6: Asymptomatic Transmission & Incubation Period
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 7: Global Health Emergency Declared, Viral Shedding
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 8: Travel Ban, Spread Outside of China, Quarantine, & MRSA
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread from Wuhan, Prevention (nocv 2019)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 11: Antiviral Drugs, Treatment Trials for nCoV (Remdesivir, Chloroquine)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, ACE2 & nCoV
- Garage Talk Podcast — Dr. Roger Seheult and the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 13: Li Wenliang, nCoV vs Influenza, Dip in Daily Cases, Spread to Canada
- Forbes Article – Medical Experts Employ Social Media To Battle Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 14: Hospital spread of infection, WHO allowed in China, N-95 masks
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 15: Underreporting, Prevention, 24 Day Incubation? (COVID19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 16: Strengthening Your Immune Response to Viral Infections (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases, Fighting Infections with Sleep (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 18: Cellphone Tracking, Increase in Hospitalizations, More Sleep Tips
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 19: Treatment and Medication Clinical Trials
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 20: Misinformation Spread, Infection Severity, Cruise Ship, Origins
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 21: Antibodies, Case Fatality, Clinical Recommendations, 2nd Infections?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 22: Spread Without Symptoms, Cruise Quarantine, Asymptomatic Testing
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 23: Infections in Kids & Pregnancy, South Korea, Spillover From Bats
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 24: Infections in Italy, Transmissibility, COVID-19 Symptoms
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 25: Vaccine Developments, Italy’s Response, and Mortality Rate Trends
- How Viruses Work – Molecular Biology Simplified (DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 26: Treatment Updates, Stock Markets, Germany & San Francisco, Pandemic?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 27: Testing accuracy for COVID-19 (CT Scan vs. RT-PCR), California Cases
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 28: Practical Prevention Strategies, Patient Age vs. Case Fatality Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 29: Testing problems, mutations, COVID-19 in Washington & Iran
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 30: More Global COVID-19 Outbreaks, Vitamin D May Aid Prevention
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 31: Mortality Rate, Cleaning Products, A More/Less Severe Virus Strain?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 32: Important Data from South Korea, Can Zinc Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 33: COVID-19 Medication Treatment Trials, Global Testing Remains Limited
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 34: US Cases Surge, Chloroquine & Zinc Treatment Combo, Italy Lockdown
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 35: New Outbreaks & Travel Restrictions, Possible COVID-19 Treatments
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 36: Flatten The COVID-19 Curve, Social Distancing, Hospital Capacities
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 37: The ACE-2 Receptor – The Doorway to COVID-19 (ACE Inhibitors & ARBs)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 38: How Hospitals & Clinics Can Prepare for COVID-19, Global Cases Surge
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 39: Rapid COVID-19 Spread with Mild or No Symptoms, More on Treatment
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 40: Ibuprofen and COVID-19 (are NSAIDs safe?), Trials of HIV medications
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 41: Shelter In Place, FDA Investigates Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Ventilator Course: Learn or Review Mechanical Ventilation (Free at MedCram.com)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 42: Immunity to COVID-19 and is Reinfection Possible?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 43: Shortages, Immunity, & Can a TB Vaccine (BCG) Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 44: Loss of Smell & Conjunctivitis in COVID-19, Is Fever Helpful?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 45: Sharing Ventilators, More on Sleep, Immunity, & COVID-19 Prevention
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 46: Can Hot/Cold Therapy Boost Immunity? More on Hydroxychloroquine
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 47: Searching for Immunity Boosters & Possible Lessons From Spanish Flu
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 48: Curve Flattening in California, PPE in the ICU, Medication Trials
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 49: New Data on COVID-19 vs Other Viral Infections (Ventilator Outcomes)