COVID-19 Video Updates, 105-108
Our latest additions to the COVID-19 Explained Clearly video series includes updates on authorized treatment options, vaccine production progress, the influence of comorbidities, short Q/A sessions with Dr. Michael Mina, and much more. Each of these videos can be found at MedCram.com, in addition to series, lectures, and courses on a broad range of medical topics.
Current FDA Authorized Treatments; Vaccine Update
In our 105th COVID-19 video update, Dr. Seheult walks through the toolbox of current treatments, including Remdesivir, Dexamethasone, and plasma, as well as the different testing options available. He explains implications of Remdesivir’s emergency-use authorization from the FDA, in addition to the survival benefit of Dexamethasone found in the RECOVERY trial in the UK.
Moreover, Dr. Seheult expresses the importance of diligence and observation when caring for patients in the intensive care unit, highlighting the MedCram Chem-7 Explained Clearly course as a valuable resource for healthcare professionals to gain a better understanding of care for patients in outpatient, inpatient, and intensive care unit settings. Lastly, Dr. Seheult provides updates on COVID-19 vaccine production and testing, as the company, AstraZeneca, has partnered with Oxford Medical School to research their novel adenovirus vaccine.
Comorbidities and Excess Deaths; Bradykinin
In the 106th COVID-19 update, Dr. Seheult addresses questions about COVID-19 deaths and comorbidities, after this CDC article stated that “for 6% of deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned.” With the help of this explanatory piece from the State of Hawaii’s guidelines for certifying COVID-19 deaths, Dr. Seheult explains the differences between comorbidities and conditions, such as ARDS, pneumonia, sepsis, and cardiac arrest, that are often caused by severe COVID-19 infection
Additionally, Dr. Seheult explains the bradykinin hypothesis of COVID-19, which used a computer to hone in on this possibility. A bradykinin “storm” may contribute to swelling, water retention, and other symptoms. Dr. Seheult then explains this study, which found statistically significant survival benefits of vitamin D (in the form of calcifediol) supplementation.
Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID-19 Treatment and Prevention?
In our 107th COVID-19 video update, Dr. Seheult gives updates on the 14-day mandatory quarantine when traveling to Hawaii, in addition to an uptick of cases in Utah. He continues by sharing news on trials of monoclonal antibodies for SARS-CoV-2 infection prevention. Dr. Seheult explains how monoclonal antibodies from the plasma of former COVID-19 patients could aid in the recovery of current COVID-19 patients. Further studies are needed to test the efficacy of this procedure, but this press release from Eli Lilly and Company shares preliminary statistics on using such monoclonal antibodies in the COVID-19 outpatient setting.
High Risk Behaviors; Cases Rise in Europe
In our 108th coronavirus update, Dr. Seheult begins by sharing information on COVID-19 case numbers around the world, highlighting an accelerating number of cases in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, and other European countries. Next, Dr. Seheult explains the concept of exponential growth and how this relates to the spread (and possible future growth) of COVID-19 cases. Moreover, Dr. Seheult revisits some of his previous ideas — adequate sleep, supplementing with vitamin D, minimizing stress — for helping minimize oxidative stress and boost the immune system to help ward off viral infections. Lastly, Dr. Seheult walks through this report from the CDC, which gives information on specific community and close contact behaviors associated with COVID-19 diagnosis – including dining in restaurants.
Stay Tuned for More COVID-19 Updates
Our COVID-19 videos are always available and free (and ad-free) at MedCram.com. In addition, check out our full library of courses and lectures on subjects ranging from Cell Cycle & Signaling to Cardiology Explained Clearly and many more!
Meanwhile, here’s a list of all the COVID-19 resources we’ve shared so far:
- Coronavirus Outbreak, Transmission, and Pathophysiology
- Coronavirus Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Coronavirus Update 3: Spread, Quarantine, Projections, and Vaccine
- How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 5: Mortality Rate vs SARS / Influenza
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 6: Asymptomatic Transmission & Incubation Period
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 7: Global Health Emergency Declared, Viral Shedding
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 8: Travel Ban, Spread Outside of China, Quarantine, & MRSA
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread from Wuhan, Prevention (nocv 2019)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 11: Antiviral Drugs, Treatment Trials for nCoV (Remdesivir, Chloroquine)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, ACE2 & nCoV
- Garage Talk Podcast — Dr. Roger Seheult and the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 13: Li Wenliang, nCoV vs Influenza, Dip in Daily Cases, Spread to Canada
- Forbes Article – Medical Experts Employ Social Media To Battle Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 14: Hospital spread of infection, WHO allowed in China, N-95 masks
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 15: Underreporting, Prevention, 24 Day Incubation? (COVID19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 16: Strengthening Your Immune Response to Viral Infections (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases, Fighting Infections with Sleep (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 18: Cellphone Tracking, Increase in Hospitalizations, More Sleep Tips
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 19: Treatment and Medication Clinical Trials
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 20: Misinformation Spread, Infection Severity, Cruise Ship, Origins
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 21: Antibodies, Case Fatality, Clinical Recommendations, 2nd Infections?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 22: Spread Without Symptoms, Cruise Quarantine, Asymptomatic Testing
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 23: Infections in Kids & Pregnancy, South Korea, Spillover From Bats
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 24: Infections in Italy, Transmissibility, COVID-19 Symptoms
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 25: Vaccine Developments, Italy’s Response, and Mortality Rate Trends
- How Viruses Work – Molecular Biology Simplified (DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 26: Treatment Updates, Stock Markets, Germany & San Francisco, Pandemic?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 27: Testing accuracy for COVID-19 (CT Scan vs. RT-PCR), California Cases
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 28: Practical Prevention Strategies, Patient Age vs. Case Fatality Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 29: Testing problems, mutations, COVID-19 in Washington & Iran
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 30: More Global COVID-19 Outbreaks, Vitamin D May Aid Prevention
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 31: Mortality Rate, Cleaning Products, A More/Less Severe Virus Strain?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 32: Important Data from South Korea, Can Zinc Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 33: COVID-19 Medication Treatment Trials, Global Testing Remains Limited
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 34: US Cases Surge, Chloroquine & Zinc Treatment Combo, Italy Lockdown
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 35: New Outbreaks & Travel Restrictions, Possible COVID-19 Treatments
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 36: Flatten The COVID-19 Curve, Social Distancing, Hospital Capacities
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 37: The ACE-2 Receptor – The Doorway to COVID-19 (ACE Inhibitors & ARBs)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 38: How Hospitals & Clinics Can Prepare for COVID-19, Global Cases Surge
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 39: Rapid COVID-19 Spread with Mild or No Symptoms, More on Treatment
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 40: Ibuprofen and COVID-19 (are NSAIDs safe?), Trials of HIV medications
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 41: Shelter In Place, FDA Investigates Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Ventilator Course: Learn or Review Mechanical Ventilation (Free at MedCram.com)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 42: Immunity to COVID-19 and is Reinfection Possible?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 43: Shortages, Immunity, & Can a TB Vaccine (BCG) Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 44: Loss of Smell & Conjunctivitis in COVID-19, Is Fever Helpful?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 45: Sharing Ventilators, More on Sleep, Immunity, & COVID-19 Prevention
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 46: Can Hot/Cold Therapy Boost Immunity? More on Hydroxychloroquine
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 47: Searching for Immunity Boosters & Possible Lessons From Spanish Flu
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 48: Curve Flattening in California, PPE in the ICU, Medication Trials
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 49: New Data on COVID-19 vs Other Viral Infections (Ventilator Outcomes)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 50: Dip in Daily New Deaths; Research on Natural Killer Cells & COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 51: State by State Projections; Ultrasound to Diagnose COVID19 Pneumonia
- Lung Ultrasound in COVID 19: Findings, Accuracy, Pneumonia Diagnosis, Utility (POCUS)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 52: Ivermectin Treatment; Does COVID-19 Attack Hemoglobin?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 53: Anticoagulation; Can Mechanical Ventilation Make COVID 19 Worse?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 54: COVID-19 Antibody vs. PCR Testing; When to Relax Social Distancing?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 55: How COVID-19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID-19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult’s Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 64: Remdesivir COVID-19 Treatment Update
- COVID-19 Clinical Updates & Lessons Learned So Far with Dr. Seheult – Live Webcast Replay
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs – Hypertension Medications with COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 67: COVID-19 Blood Clots – Race, Blood Types, & Von Willebrand Factor
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 68: Kawasaki Disease; Minority Groups & COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 69: “NAC” Supplementation and COVID-19 (N-Acetylcysteine)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 70: Glutathione Deficiency, Oxidative Stress, and COVID 19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 72: Dentists; Diabetes; Sensitivity of COVID-19 Antibody Tests
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 73: Relapse, Reinfections, & Re-Positives – The Likely Explanation
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 74: Vitamin D & COVID 19; Academic Censorship
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 75: COVID-19 Lung Autopsies – New Data
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 77: Remdesivir Update; COVID-19 in Mexico
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 79: 5 Vaccines to Keep An Eye On
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 80: Data Questions & Journal Retractions
- COVID-19 Question / Answer with Dr. Seheult – June 7, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects and Prevention of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress
- COVID-19 Question & Answer with Dr. Seheult – Live – June 14, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 86: COVID-19 Testing and Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 87: More on Dexamethasone; Do COVID-19 antibodies last
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 88: Dexamethasone History & Mortality Benefit Data Released From UK Trial
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 89: Infection Rate Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions
- COVID-19 Question & Answer with Dr. Seheult – Live – June 28, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Tool
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 92: COVID-19 & Blood Clots – New Endothelium & Free Radical Research
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 93: Antibodies, Immunity, & Prevalence of COVID-19 – New Data from Spain
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 94: COVID-19 Treatment with Inhaled Steroids; New Pneumonia in Kazakhstan?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 95: Widespread Thrombosis on Autopsy; Prognostic Factors
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 96: RNA Vaccine; Ivermectin; von Willebrand Factor & COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 97: Vitamin D & COVID-19 Immunity, The Endothelium, & Deficiencies
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 98: Inexpensive Home COVID-19 Tests – A Possible Breakthrough
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 99: “Long Haulers” – Lingering & Long-Term Symptoms After COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 100: Interferon Beta COVID-19 Treatment and a Retrospective
- Live Q/A with Dr. Michael Mina: How to Fix COVID-19 Testing August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 101: T Cell Immunity vs. Antibodies & Prior Exposure to Other Coronaviruses
- COVID-19 Rapid Tests Demo & Q/A with E25Bio Co-Founder Dr. Herrera (At Home Antigen Tests)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 102: COVID 19 vs. Influenza Symptoms; Sweden; Tocilizumab; Hawaii
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 103: Convalescent Plasma Treatment & the FDA; College Campuses Close
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 104: COVID 19 Reinfection & Immunity
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 105: Current FDA Authorized Treatments; Vaccine Update
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 106: Comorbidities and Excess Deaths; Bradykinin
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 107: Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID-19 Treatment and Prevention?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 108: High Risk Behaviors; Cases Rise in Europe