COVID-19 Q&A Session and Video Updates 90-92
Our most recent coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic includes lectures on discerning the reliability of medical information, Remdesivir updates, coronavirus-related blood clots, and more. Check out our ongoing Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Updates Explained Clearly lecture series for full videos on these and many other subjects.
Latest Q&A Session with Dr. Seheult and Kyle Allred
In the most recent Q&A session with MedCram co-founders, Dr. Roger Seheult and Kyle Allred, we answered viewers’ questions ranging from the use of dexamethasone and other steroids in treating COVID-19 to how doctors stay up to date on cutting edge medical information. Watch the full video here. Tune in to our next live recording for the opportunity to have your questions answered.
Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Tool
With the myriad ways COVID-19 information is disseminated, our 90th pandemic update focuses on challenges in assessing the reliability and quality of online information. In this video, Dr. Seheult talks about DISCERN, a questionnaire tool built to assess the reliability of information on treatment choices, and a group of scientists who used DISCERN to test the validity of various informational COVID-19 videos on YouTube. Of the 137 videos studied, most of which were from news outlets, news channel videos received the lowest quality scores; physician-uploaded videos received the highest scores. The researchers also listed the five highest scoring videos, and we at MedCram were proud to have three of our videos included in this list.
Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability
In our 91st pandemic update video, Dr. Seheult discusses updated daily infection and death rates around the world, then introduces an interesting tool, called COVIDAge Risk Calculator. This calculator takes various data points into consideration to predict one’s risk of hospitalization, ICU admission, and mortality from COVID-19. Dr. Seheult also talks about Remdesivir and navigating the drug’s impending scarcity. Lastly, he discusses the use of a COVID-19 vaccine in the Chinese military, prior to completion of the third and final phase of clinical trials.
COVID-19 & Blood Clots – New Endothelium & Free Radical Research
In our 92nd COVID-19 pandemic update, Dr. Seheult revisits the conversation on oxidative stress, reactive oxygen species (ROS), and thrombosis. A new research article from the Lancet looking at endotheliopathy in COVID-19 examines the cause of thrombosis. This study found that elevated levels of von Willebrand Factor (VWF) antigen concentration correlated strongly with mortality. This research suggests antiplatelet therapy or endothelial cell modification treatments (in addition to traditional anticoagulation methods) may have a significant role in preventing COVID-19-related thrombosis. Given this information, Dr. Seheult revisits the supplement N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) due to both its antioxidant properties and potential ability to break up VWF. NAC’s role as a thrombolytic for COVID-19 patients is currently being studied by researchers at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
Stay Tuned for More COVID-19 Updates
Our COVID-19 videos are always available and free (and ad-free) at MedCram.com. In addition, check out our full library of courses and lectures on subjects ranging from Liver Pathophysiology to Vasopressors Explained Clearly and many more!
Meanwhile, here’s a list of all the COVID-19 resources we’ve shared so far:
- Coronavirus Outbreak, Transmission, and Pathophysiology
- Coronavirus Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Coronavirus Update 3: Spread, Quarantine, Projections, and Vaccine
- How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 5: Mortality Rate vs SARS / Influenza
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 6: Asymptomatic Transmission & Incubation Period
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 7: Global Health Emergency Declared, Viral Shedding
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 8: Travel Ban, Spread Outside of China, Quarantine, & MRSA
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread from Wuhan, Prevention (nocv 2019)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 11: Antiviral Drugs, Treatment Trials for nCoV (Remdesivir, Chloroquine)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, ACE2 & nCoV
- Garage Talk Podcast — Dr. Roger Seheult and the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 13: Li Wenliang, nCoV vs Influenza, Dip in Daily Cases, Spread to Canada
- Forbes Article – Medical Experts Employ Social Media To Battle Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 14: Hospital spread of infection, WHO allowed in China, N-95 masks
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 15: Underreporting, Prevention, 24 Day Incubation? (COVID19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 16: Strengthening Your Immune Response to Viral Infections (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases, Fighting Infections with Sleep (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 18: Cellphone Tracking, Increase in Hospitalizations, More Sleep Tips
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 19: Treatment and Medication Clinical Trials
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 20: Misinformation Spread, Infection Severity, Cruise Ship, Origins
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 21: Antibodies, Case Fatality, Clinical Recommendations, 2nd Infections?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 22: Spread Without Symptoms, Cruise Quarantine, Asymptomatic Testing
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 23: Infections in Kids & Pregnancy, South Korea, Spillover From Bats
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 24: Infections in Italy, Transmissibility, COVID-19 Symptoms
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 25: Vaccine Developments, Italy’s Response, and Mortality Rate Trends
- How Viruses Work – Molecular Biology Simplified (DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 26: Treatment Updates, Stock Markets, Germany & San Francisco, Pandemic?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 27: Testing accuracy for COVID-19 (CT Scan vs. RT-PCR), California Cases
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 28: Practical Prevention Strategies, Patient Age vs. Case Fatality Rate
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 29: Testing problems, mutations, COVID-19 in Washington & Iran
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 30: More Global COVID-19 Outbreaks, Vitamin D May Aid Prevention
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 31: Mortality Rate, Cleaning Products, A More/Less Severe Virus Strain?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 32: Important Data from South Korea, Can Zinc Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 33: COVID-19 Medication Treatment Trials, Global Testing Remains Limited
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 34: US Cases Surge, Chloroquine & Zinc Treatment Combo, Italy Lockdown
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 35: New Outbreaks & Travel Restrictions, Possible COVID-19 Treatments
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 36: Flatten The COVID-19 Curve, Social Distancing, Hospital Capacities
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 37: The ACE-2 Receptor – The Doorway to COVID-19 (ACE Inhibitors & ARBs)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 38: How Hospitals & Clinics Can Prepare for COVID-19, Global Cases Surge
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 39: Rapid COVID-19 Spread with Mild or No Symptoms, More on Treatment
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 40: Ibuprofen and COVID-19 (are NSAIDs safe?), Trials of HIV medications
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 41: Shelter In Place, FDA Investigates Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Ventilator Course: Learn or Review Mechanical Ventilation (Free at MedCram.com)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 42: Immunity to COVID-19 and is Reinfection Possible?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 43: Shortages, Immunity, & Can a TB Vaccine (BCG) Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 44: Loss of Smell & Conjunctivitis in COVID-19, Is Fever Helpful?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 45: Sharing Ventilators, More on Sleep, Immunity, & COVID-19 Prevention
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 46: Can Hot/Cold Therapy Boost Immunity? More on Hydroxychloroquine
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 47: Searching for Immunity Boosters & Possible Lessons From Spanish Flu
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 48: Curve Flattening in California, PPE in the ICU, Medication Trials
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 49: New Data on COVID-19 vs Other Viral Infections (Ventilator Outcomes)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 50: Dip in Daily New Deaths; Research on Natural Killer Cells & COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 51: State by State Projections; Ultrasound to Diagnose COVID19 Pneumonia
- Lung Ultrasound in COVID 19: Findings, Accuracy, Pneumonia Diagnosis, Utility (POCUS)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 52: Ivermectin Treatment; Does COVID-19 Attack Hemoglobin?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 53: Anticoagulation; Can Mechanical Ventilation Make COVID 19 Worse?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 54: COVID-19 Antibody vs. PCR Testing; When to Relax Social Distancing?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 55: How COVID-19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID-19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult’s Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 64: Remdesivir COVID-19 Treatment Update
- COVID-19 Clinical Updates & Lessons Learned So Far with Dr. Seheult – Live Webcast Replay
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs – Hypertension Medications with COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 67: COVID-19 Blood Clots – Race, Blood Types, & Von Willebrand Factor
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 68: Kawasaki Disease; Minority Groups & COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 69: “NAC” Supplementation and COVID-19 (N-Acetylcysteine)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 70: Glutathione Deficiency, Oxidative Stress, and COVID 19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 72: Dentists; Diabetes; Sensitivity of COVID-19 Antibody Tests
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 73: Relapse, Reinfections, & Re-Positives – The Likely Explanation
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 74: Vitamin D & COVID 19; Academic Censorship
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 75: COVID-19 Lung Autopsies – New Data
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 77: Remdesivir Update; COVID-19 in Mexico
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 79: 5 Vaccines to Keep An Eye On
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 80: Data Questions & Journal Retractions
- COVID-19 Question / Answer with Dr. Seheult – June 7, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects and Prevention of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress
- COVID-19 Question & Answer with Dr. Seheult – Live – June 14, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 86: COVID-19 Testing and Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 87: More on Dexamethasone; Do COVID-19 antibodies last?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 89: Infection Rate Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions
- COVID-19 Question & Answer with Dr. Seheult – Live – June 28, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Tool
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 92: COVID-19 & Blood Clots – New Endothelium & Free Radical Research